Sunday, October 15, 2017

Recent excitement....

All in reverse chronological sequence

Friday night:

WINNER   - St Peters Cathedral Art Prize  - Social Comment Section

"After the fire has gone out" - oil on canvas  60cm x 90cm

I was delighted to have my canvas receive the category prize at the St Peters Cathedral Art Prize 2017.  My sincere thanks to Rosie and the team for their concerted efforts.

Thursday Afternoon: 

Word from the Walkerville Rotary Art Exhibition that my bronze sculpture "Dignity" (see previous post below) has been sold.  (the new owner has let me know who he is and I am happy to report that it will go to a caring home)

Tuesday afternoon: 

I was thrilled to get advice that my elephant sculpture "Dignity" was awarded a Commendation at the Walkerville Rotary Art Exhibition. (I was just reminded that it had also won 1st prize in the indoor sculpture category at the 2017 Clare Rotary Art Exhibition - always a hotly contested category.)

Tuesday:

The last session in my current Pepper St watercolour classes.  The images below were from the final session.     I hope that members were not too distressed by the challenges I set them during the last five weeks - I know from their work that everyone improved markedly - I just hope they also enjoyed the sessions as much as I did.






No comments: